History of Lonely Farm, Parham, Suffolk through its Deeds

  • Table of events in the recent history (1831-1992) of Lonely Farm [ same table with more columns, but smaller if printed ]
    • mostly through deeds held as originals, some as copies; with other events recorded that were recited in those deeds.
Lonely Farm
Conveyance of Lonely Farm 1837

  • Map of Lonely Farm copied from the Ordnance Survey 25-inch : 1-mile, surveyed 1888,
    • With the fields included in Lonely Farm's history shaded pink (extent for most of the period). The green area was added in 1924, then in 1988 the green and the hatched pink areas were sold off.
    • Link to the same map online [North | South |, courtesy of the National Library of Scotland.

The Name 'Lonely'

Absence of Landed Gentry

Which Fields were Manorial Land? 

Identification of Haugh and Northland

Where was the 1433 Mill called Potelottes Croft?


[1433a] "Extent of manorial lands attached to Bloomvyle Hall," (covering Framlingham-Rendlesham), Held Privately (1433) [online transcript of the Parham section {.html|.pdf|.pdf (scanned) }]
[1671a] "The Manor of Blomsvile in the parish of Parramhason," (covering Blomesville Hall estate), SRO:X6/6 (1671). Identifies groups of fields, not individual ones. The shape and poor scaling of the field groups makes their identification very difficult.
[1747a] "Map of Blomeville Hall Farm belonging to William Folkes, Esq," (covering Blomesville Hall estate), W Brasier, surv'r, SRO:HD54:454 (Jul 1747)
[1838a] "Parham Tithe Apportionment," SRO:FDA192/A1/1.a (1838)
[1840a] "Parish of Parham in the County of Suffolk," signed Henry B Gunning, First Tithe Commissioner, SRO:P461/192 (1840)
[1999BB] "Parham's Medieval Tracks and Lanes," Bob Briscoe [online] (based on a chapter of [2000PMPS]
[2000PMPS] "Parham Millennium Parish Scan," Parham Parish Council in the County of Suffolk (2000)

Bob Briscoe
20 April 2022
modified 11 May 2022